The Final Countdown

Europe,80s rock,Final CountdownI am very sad today...I woke up and realized that I only have one week left in this job. I want to go on record as saying I absolutely LOVE this job. No, I am not just saying that. I really love this job. I have the most amazing boss, one who genuinely cares about her employees and gives credit where credit is due. She takes care of us and is actually tearing up that I am leaving.

I contacted unemployment - and I will get enough to make it. It is of course A LOT less than I make now - but it is better than nothing. It is going to be pouring more stress in an already stressful situation. Packing up our lives and moving to a new town to start school at new schools. Grad school for Boyfriend, going back to full-time student for me. Leaving our friends, our family, and our jobs that we have had for 5+ years. I am stressed... so stressed.

I can feel the depression monster peeping in the windows. He is an ugly bastard. I have been beating him off with a stick, but my stick is wearing thin. I am not giving up though - not by a long shot. I have an appointment with my psychologist next Thursday. I am taking my meds, a matter of fact I have a refill called in. I am doing my cookie jar journal, and that is helping me feel like I am actually getting things accomplished.

So this is it internet - the final countdown to life as this House Monkey knows it...7 days until unemployment and 81 days until we move. (On the bright side, I will have 75 days to pack our apartment properly!)

And for those that was so hoping this was a tribute to Europe - I will not disappoint:

6 Response to "The Final Countdown"

  1. kris Says:

    You need bigger stick to fight off depression demons if current one is wearing thin. Go get a big fucking stick! And take care of yourself! Change is stressful, but this will be sooooo worth it in the long run.

  2. Leah Says:

    I have been "unemployed" for over a year now. I got laid off, and it was the best thing that could have EVER happened to me. I am now exploring a career in things I am passionate about. Cooking, helping people and yoga. It's not a full time gig, but I pieced enough things together to make it work. And I'm HAPPY. Hope you find the same.

  3. pthsmonkey Says:

    Thanks Kris - I know that. I know this is the best thing ever for us both. I just wish it was done and we were there. Getting there is hard - so hard. And leaving our friends is getting harder. It is getting harder everyday not to sob at work. This Friday is our last team meeting - I am expecting a lot of tears. :(

    I am searching for a bigger stick as we speak. Thanks for the encouragement

  4. pthsmonkey Says:

    Leah - Thanks. I am going to school full-time this Fall to pursue a degree in forensics, something I am VERY passionate about. It is just getting there. The stress of getting there. Thank you for the support

  5. Erin Janda Rawlings Says:

    Change is scary. But I think it's awesome that you are taking all the right steps to take care of yourself. I hope that you put that in your cookie journal.

  6. pthsmonkey Says:

    Mommy on the Spot - I had not thought of putting that in my cookie journal. Thank you. I am writing it down right now!

Post a Comment